Sunday, August 25, 2013

Remembering Grandkids

I never sang much to the kids but did rock Nathan to sleep more than the others and always sang to him, "I love the dimples in your dimpled chin every twinkle in your eyes so blue, love every freckle on your turned up nose. I love everything about you."  Of course he was small and doesn't remember. Also I'd sing, "A tiny turned up nose, two lips just like a rose.  So sweet from head to toes. That little boy of mine." And when I was sure he was asleep I'd put him in his crib. He'd hold out his hand and say, "hand." And would want you to hold it 'til he fell asleep. So many memories of each one of them.

I'm sure Lindsay remembers us singing," You are My Sunshine". I made her and Danika a sunflower quilt. I am sure both remember, "Sweet Violets".

There was a young farmer
Who took a young Miss
Out back of the barn
Where he gave her a lecture
On horses and chickens and eggs
And told her that she had
Such beautiful manners
That suited her charms.
A girl that he wanted
To take in his washing and ironing
And then if he did
They could get married
And raise lots of sweet violets,
Sweeter than the roses,
Covered all over from head to toe,
Covered ll over with sweet violets.

Well I've rambled long enough. I love you all very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment